Diary of a divorced serial internet dater

Monday, August 14, 2006

Vive La France


The beast has still not called. I am beginning to think the case of diarrheoa was probably a case of another woman. I hope she gives him the dose he deserves. Having said that, I'm not that bothered (Face?....Bovvered?....) as I spent the best part part of Sunday with an absolutely gorgeous French Man.
France and I have a long history-I love it, it tolerates me. I go there as much as I can. Last visit was Paris in June with some girlfriends to see Robbie Williams in concert. (Boy, did we have a BALL). Wandering the streets, hoovering in the atmosphere, perplexing the natives with my appalling french. Love it, love it, love it! I took my kids there in November to see the Mona Lisa (we are a very cultured family I'll have you know) but the Louvre was shut. So we just walked about and they loved it too. When we were a family of the conventional variety, we would go camping every year. I always vowed I'd live there one day . So when I meet French people, I also love them, which is uncommon as there is a traditional tension between the English and the French. I think it's because we are so geographically close but so different; most of my friends think it's because they're arrogant bastards who don't give a shit about anyone else. Fine.....more left for me then girls!

So...the delectable French Man met me at the station and we went for a coffee. Smiley face, voice like Sascha Distel, tall ,dark, slim, handsome,well dressed....I couldn't believe my luck . (Actually, it was a bit embarrassing as there was another bloke at the station who looked a bit like the 'photo and I was disappointed. I was walking up to the wrong guy when I heard FM say my name. What a relief. He was 20 times better! He was laughing his head off as he realised I was about to go for coffee with the wrong person. Hazard of blind dates....you have been warned!) Two coffees later I was buzzing on a caffiene high but not wanting to let things end. So, we went for a walk....a very long one. Then we suggested something to eat....and had a very long meal, then I did what you should never do and asked him back to mine. I JUST DIDN'T WANT IT TO END...OK? Now, I have promised two of my friends that I won't sleep with a guy until the fourth date as they believe I'm worth more than that. Me....I believe a good shag is what makes the world go round. However, their disaproving, tutting faces were in the back of my mind the whole bloody time, and so after 10 minutes of some very nice snogging in my kitchen of all places, the hands started wandering and I had to politely decline. ('I'd like to get to know you better first', I think the exact words were). In reality, I was gagging for it, and if I've lost this guy now because of YOU TWO......YES... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE......I'll never speak to you again.

Having said that, he was very reluctant to leave and only went as my kids were due back from Spain any minute, and we didn't think it would be terribly fitting for them to arrive back and find their mother red, panting and messy. (It was a bit obvious I was gagging for it. Another night with my mechanical bunny friend beckoned).

Anyone who reads this....(and my spirit guides too if you're listening, he's not a native American Indian, but can we overlook that just this once ,please?)..send out a little prayer to make this man mine! Or at least a 'phone call by the end of the day?

P.S. I haven't heard from the Hobbit after what I felt was a very successful date last week. I think I ought to call him as I don't want to miss the opportunity of going rock climbing. At the very least, I should get an interesting chapter on here about it!

Oh, and the kids are fine and had a great time ,by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home